- Sports Job Training & Certification Courses:
- Athlete Management
- Baseball Analytics
- Baseball GM & Scouting
- Basketball Analytics
- Basketball GM & Scouting
- Coaching at the Next Level
- Cricket Business Mgmt.
- Digital Video Editing
- Football Agent Cert
- Football GM & Scouting
- Hockey Analytics
- Hockey GM & Scouting
- Mixed Martial Arts
- Motor Sports Management
- Rugby Business Mgmt
- Soccer Agent
- Soccer Analytics
- Soccer Mgmt & Scouting
- Sports Administration
- Sports Broadcasting
- Sports Revenue Mgmt.
- Sports Media & Comm
- Letter To Hiring Personnel
- Letter To Potential Students
- Sports Mgmt Degrees
- Join Our Free Newsletter
- Our Staff
- Pay For Application
- Contact Us
- SMWW Career Conferences
Soccer Career Conference at the MLS SuperDraft
Soccer Career Conference
during the MLS SuperDraft & NSCAA Convention
Baltimore, Maryland - January 14-15, 2016
Experience the heart of the action and mix and mingle with some of the most prominent names on the soccer landscape by attending the SMWW Soccer Career Conference held in conjunction with the MLS SuperDraft* and NSCAA Convention*. Attendees at this conference consist of club owners, front office personnel, league officials, agents, coaches, and just about anyone from the business side of the soccer nationally and internationally.
*SMWW’s Soccer Career Conference is not affiliated or any way connected with MLS, MLS SuperDraft, NWSL, or the NSCAA.
The SMWW Soccer Career Conference is your opportunity to gain valuable insight into a variety of careers from those working at the highest level in soccer! This two day career conference offers unique panel discussions and question-answer periods designed to start or advance your career on the business of soccer. The day will be split up into diverse speaker panels; including sports business, athlete representation, scouting, broadcasting, media.
January 14th-15th, 2016
Anyone 18 years or older wanting to work or currently working on the business side of the sports industry. Conference has an emphasis on soccer.
Events and their location:
Thursday 12 noon: MLS Draft - Baltimore Convention Center
Thursday 6-9pm: Opening Night at the NSCAA Exhibit Hall - Baltimore Convention Center
Thursday 8pm-10pm: SMWW Welcome Reception: Prat Street Ale House across from the Baltimore Convention Center.
Friday: 9am-5pm: SMWW Soccer Career Conference - Hotel conference room walking distance from the Baltimore Convention Center.
2016 Conference Fee includes:
- All SMWW Soccer Career Conference Sessions on Friday, January 15th from approximately 8am-6pm. (Meet Agents, Scouts, Analysts, Media)
- Friday, January 15th Networking Lunch
- Complimentary entrance to the NSCAA Exhibit Hall. Upon arrival to the event you will recieve a ticket for a one time enterance to the NSCAA Exhibit Hall featuring over 300 soccer businesses. The Exhibit Hall at the NSCAA Convention is the nation’s largest soccer-specific trade show. With approximately 300 companies on hand, attendees can examine the latest soccer-related technology and equipment.
- SMWW Welcome Reception at Pratt Street Ale House on Thursday, January 14th, 2015 from 8pm-10pm. This event includes light snacks. (Beverages are at your own expense.)
- Name Badge & Registration packet
- For those attendees interested in arriving early, the MLS SuperDraft is open to the public. Thursday, January 14th, 2016 from approximately 12noon-5pm
- An opportunity to attend the NWSL Draft is avaiable on Friday at 12noon.
(Conference Fee does not include meals, hotel accommodations, or the NSCAA Convention.)
Click here to register now:
Thursday, January 14th, 2016
Pratt Street Ale House
Meet speakers, fellow attendees, soccer scouts, soccer agents, soccer media, soccer business executives and the SMWW Faculty at the legendary Pratt Street Ale House. A great kick off to the conference and the evening in downtown Baltimore in the hub of the MLS Draft, NWSL Draft, and NSCAA. (Reception is optional)
"The SMWW event is the best learning experience of the year for understanding how the entire sports market works,” said Kaplan, “I enjoy hearing from a broad spectrum of presenters including executives, Front Office workers, scouts, players, agents, marketing, media. I've worked in major league sports for 20 years and find SMWW events fresh and unique."
Ari Kaplan, well known Moneyball Analyst for professional teams
Several University Sports Management programs do attend. If you are interested in bringing your group of any kind, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we provide group discounts for 3-40. (Most individuals attend on their own.)
The National Soccer Coaches Association of America hosts the World's Largest Annual Gathering of Soccer Coaches each year. The NSCAA Convention draws approximately 4,000 coaches from their 30,000-plus members, and more than 10,000 attendees over five days.
The NSCAA Exhibit portion of the Convention annually showcases more than 300 exhibitors making it The Largest Soccer Trade Show in North America. With SMWW Soccer Career Conference registration you will receive a ticket for a one time visit. The hours of the NSCAA Exhibit Hall are:
Booths will be added up to the event, but click here for a map of booths.
The 2016 MLS SuperDraft will be the seventeenth SuperDraft conducted by Major League Soccer (MLS) held at the NSCAA Convention at the Baltimore Convention Center on Thursday, January 14th, 2016 from 12noon to 5pm EST.
The National Women's Soccer League (NWSL) College Draft is Friday, Jan. 16, 2015 at 9:30 a.m. EST at the NSCAA Convention in the Baltimore Convention Center.
Most attendees are not college students but sports people looking to start or advance their career in professional or collegiate sportsl. However, for those of you who are in college and would like transferable credits (graduate or undergraduate) to your school, one hour of college credit will be available.
Hotel Room Night Options:
We reccommend you book a hotel within walking distance of the Baltimore Convention Center.
• Baltimore/Washington International Airport (BWI)
Distance from Baltimore Convention Center: 12 miles. Estimated taxi fare one way: $30
• Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport - (DCA)
Distance from Baltimore Convention Center: 45 miles. Estimated taxi fare one way: $100 USD. (Trains available for less.)
• Washington Dulles International Airport - (IAD)
Distance from Baltimore Convention Center: 60 miles. Estimated taxi fare one way: $150 USD (Trains available for less.)
- Keir Radnedge - well known journalist, WorldSoccer, and broadcaster
- Sky Andrew - Sports Agent (Clients include: Alex Dowsett, Sol Campbell, and Chris Robshaw.)
- Aidan Mullally - Tottenham Hotspur Head of Business Development
- Tommy Smyth, ESPN Soccer Analyst
- Tom Fox - Aston Villa Chief Executive
- Tom Glick, MLS New York City FC President
- Dr. Lynn Lashbrook - Sports Management Worldwide President
- Jordan Garbutt, Prozone Head of UK Professional Services
- Darren Eales - Tottenham Hotspur Director of Football Administration
- Colin Gordon - Key Sports Management Licensed Player Agent by the FA
- Simon Farrant, Opta Sports - Marketing
- Paul Molesworth - English Football League Chief Scout
- John Print - SMWW Director of UK Operations & Licensed FA Player Agent
- Charles Bruner – Arsenal FC Premium Sales Manager
- Steve Simmons, Aston Villa European Scout
- John Guppy, Gilt Edge Soccer Marketing Founder and former President & CEO of MLS Chicago Fire
- Tony Farrell, Head of International Football with Everton FC
- Mark Lisi - Sports Marketing Consultant and Player Agent, former MLS Player
- Matt Martin, MLS Timbers Director of Domestic Scouting/Regional Scout
- Tom Veit, President of Philadelphia Union
- Chris Canetti, Chief Operating Officer of Huston Dynamo
- Greg Cotton, Chief Operating Officer & General Counsel of Kansas City Wizards
- Brian Wellman, President of Carolina RailHawks FC
- Richard Tratford, Wyscout
- Jim Risher, Executive Director of Eurotech Soccer Academies and Tours
- Tim Regan, Indy 11 Head Coach
- Mark Washo, General Manager and President of Washington Freedom
- Shawn McGee, General Manager of Atlanta Beat
- Louise Waxler, Associate General Manager of Philadelphia Independence
- Alex Kotler, Founder of Football Partnerships
- Cara Joftis, Vice President of Marketing, Philadelphia Union
- Mike Quarino, Vice President Ticket Sales and Fan Services of Philadelphia Union
- Rich Searls, Director of Sales and Fan Services of New York Red Bulls
- Steve Powell, Senior Vice President Business Development of Houston Dynamo
- Brian Bilello, Chief Operating Officer, New England Revolution
- Blake Wooster, Head of Business Development, Prozone Sports
- Mark Gress, Co-Op Coordinator, Business Administration & Sports Management, Drexel University