- Sports Job Training Courses:
- Athlete Management
- Baseball GM & Scouting
- Basketball GM & Scouting
- Coaching at the Next Level
- Cricket Business Mgmt.
- Digital Video Editing
- Football Agent Cert
- Football GM & Scouting
- Hockey GM & Scouting
- Mixed Martial Arts
- Motor Sports Management
- Rugby Business Mgmt
- Soccer Agent
- Soccer Mgmt & Scouting
- Sports Administration
- Sports Broadcasting
- Sports Revenue Mgmt.
- Sports Media & Comm
- Letter To Hiring Personnel
- Letter To Potential Students
- Sports Mgmt Degrees
- Join Our Free Newsletter
- Our Staff
- Pay For Application
- Contact Us
- SMWW Career Conferences
Sports Career Conference at Manchester City FC
Friday 12 April 2013
Etihad Stadium, Home of Manchester City FC
Anyone 18 years or older interested in advancing their career in sports.
This seminar provides an invaluable opportunity to learn about numerous careers in sports and network with professionals currently working within the industry. Coaches, Team Scouts, Sports Marketing & PR professionals, UK Sports Media, experienced sports agents, former professional athletes and many others will be in attendance from the world of soccer, rugby, cricket and Olympic sports.
This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to begin or develop a career in sports. You will get a great opportunity to meet and learn from sports executives, sports administrators and the SMWW staff within the backdrop of the world renowned Ethiad Stadium, Home of Manchester City FC.
Attendees will also have the opportunity to create relationships with key individuals in the sports business community and advance their knowledge of sports business.
(Registration does not include travel or hotel accommodations.)
*All Prices in US Dollars. £ prices are just a guide.
Registration includes name badge, registration packet, all conference sessions, and Friday Lunch at Etihad Stadium, Home of Manchester City FC.
University Sports Management programs are welcome to attend the conference. If you are interested in bringing your University, please contact email@example.com and we will provide group discounts. (Most college students attend on their own.)
What can you expect?
SMWW traditionally have held conferences across North America with our Headline Conference taking place every year during February in Indianapolis at the NFL Combine. We also run sport specific conferences throughout the year. Click here for videos about our past Basketball and Hockey conferences in the USA. Attendees rave about our conferences.
We have a very high satisfaction rate and many returnees. Many sports business conferences are over £600 ($1000). We keep the price of our conference low so that those wanting to advance their careers in sports can afford to attend.
Dress Code: Business Casual
Conference sessions: Friday, April 12 9am-5pm
Note: For those attendees & speakers traveling the night before we will have an optional "Meet and Greet" at a local pub in Manchester. (Approximately 7pm-9pm). One week prior to the event we will send you details.
(Clubs & sports business professionals do not yet know their schedules during April. Speakers are subject to change. Please return to this page for updates and changes to the speakers list.)
- Tom Glick, Manchester City FC Chief Commercial and Operating Officer
- Colin Gordon, Key Sports Management Licensed Player Agent by the FA
- Alex Scotcher, British Universities & Colleges Sport (BUCS) Head of Communications, Commercial & Marketing
- Darren Venn, Radius Sports Marketing Managing Director
- Jordan Garbutt, Prozone Head of UK Professional Services
- Derek Bragg, The Scouting Network
- Kevin Roberts, SportBusiness Editor
- Matthew Buck, Director of PFA Player Management, Professional Footballers' Association
- Andy Rice, Future Publishing Head of Sport, Outdoor and Auto
- Geoff Burrows, Rugby League Players Assoc.
- Mel Stein, Chairman of Association of Football Agents, Consultant with Clintons Solicitors, Author of " How to Succeed as a Sports Agent "
- Tim Nichols, Rugby Players Association
- Charles Bruner, Arsenal Football Club Premium Sales Manager
- Simon Miller, Bloomberg Head of International Business Development
- Michele Verroken, Sporting Integrity
- Hubert Register, HFR Consulting, Sports & Entertainment former professional basketball player
- Paul Molesworth, Burton Albion FC Chief Scout
- Steve Simmons, Aston Villa European Scout
- Dr. Lynn Lashbrook, SMWW President & NFL Agent
- John Print, SMWW UK Director of Operations & Licensed Players Agent FA
- more speakers coming soon! (visit this webpage for updates!)
- Dr. Lynn Lashbrook, SMWW President
- John Print, International Operations Director
- Liz Lashbrook, SMWW Executive Director
9:00am Conference Opening
Dr Lynn Lashbrook - President Founder, SMWW
9:15am - Welcome to Manchester City FC
Tom Glick - CEO, Manchester City FC
10:00am - Role of Football Agents
Mel Stein - Chairman of the Association of Football Agents
Colin Gordon - Key Sports Management
Matthew Buck - Director of PFA Player Management
11:00am - Sports Media
Andy Rice - Future Publishing
Simon Miller - Bloomberg
Kevin Roberts - Sports Business
12 Noon - Integrity in Sport & the Responsibility of Athletes
Michele Verokken - Sporting Integrity
Hubert Register - HFR Consulting (former Basketball Player)
LUNCH - 12:45 to 13:30 (15 min buffer)
13:30 - Role of Player Associations
Geoff Burrows - Rugby League Players Association
Tim Nichols - Rugby Players Association
14:30 - Sports Marketing
Darren Venn - Radius Sports Marketing
Charles Bruner - Arsenal FC Sales Manager
Alex Scotcher, British Universities & Colleges Sport (BUCS) Head of Communications, Commercial & Marketing
15:30 - Football Scouting and Player Analysis
Paul Molesworth - Burton Albion FC, Chief Scout
Steve Simmons - Aston Vilia European Scout
Derek Bragg, - The Scouting Network
Jordan Garbutt - Prozone
4:30 Closing Statements
Followed by Optional Tour around Manchester City Stadium